Why do I need a website AUDIT?
Websites aren't static. Just as you need to refresh your content, you need to monitor what's happening behind the scenes as algorithms that drive the site's visibility evolve over time. To compete in today's market, you need to be constantly tending to these changes. If not, you could be missing a significant audience, which ultimately leads to missed sales.
A website audit is a full analysis of everything related to your site's level of search visibility, from content to code. During an audit I can identify things like your website's page speed, any technical issues, any 'not found' pages and 404 errors, etc., all of which have an impact on your business and potentially the bottom line. In the end you will receive a comprehensive Audit Overview, which will summarize any issues as well as strategic recommendations for improving those issues. This will give you an idea of the overall health of your site and allow you to take immediate action to improve your online presence.
Starting Price $400
The website audit is based on the size of your site. A quote will be provided before any work commences.
Ask yourself these questions :
- Is your website easy to navigate?
- Do your pages have a consistent format for navigation, headers, text, typography, and hyperlinks?
- Does your design help make the content more intelligible (or does it confuse them)?
- Does the imagery tell the story you'd like it to tell visually?
- Is your critical content easy to find?
- Is your site responsive on all devices?
- Do you have a mobile website?
- Do you have duplicate title tags?
- Does your website load correctly on all commonly used browsers?
- Do all the pages on your website have a keyword-optimized title and meta description?
- Does your site have an SSL (secure socket layer) Certificate?
- Do you perform regular backups and can your website be restored in 24 hours or less?
- Does the homepage clearly describe what you do and/or provide?
- Do your landing pages have a few paragraphs of engaging, unique text?
- Do you use creative headlines for blog posts?
- Are you providing fresh content on a consistent basis that your users will want to read?
- Is the text on your pages written for search engines or humans?
- Are your blogs salesy or educational?
- Did you pull copy from a print brochure or promotional material to put on your site?
- Do you have duplicate content on several pages?
- Are there spelling or grammatical errors on your pages?
- Do you use bulleted or numbered lists to communicate key concepts or products?
- Do you have a clearly defined target audience?
- Are you currently generating leads from your website?
- Are you monitoring traffic to your website, and if so, are you experiencing positive growth on each page?
- Do you know what the purpose of each page is?
- Do you have calls-to-action (CTAs) on each page?
- Do you have landing pages with downloadable offers?
- Do you know what people are engaging with the most?
- Do you know the top 3 things people come to your website for, if so, how easy is it to reach those things?
- Is your web design SEO friendly?
- Is this a re-design or new design on the same domain name?
- How long does it take for your site to load?
- Is your website integrated with your overall marketing strategy?
Do you need an AUDIT?
Knowing the answers to the questions above is key to understanding the health of your website.
Let me help you answer them during a customized audit process. We will work through these and many other questions to assess your site and develop the proper strategy to optimize it to best capture your audience. The audit process will take approximately two weeks will leave you with actionable steps to improve your online presence. Once executed, you will begin to see results within a few short months.
A well done website audit will give you a great starting point to improve your online presence. I recommend revisiting the audit process annually, to address rapidly changing technology and evolving search engine algorithms.